Saturday, July 31, 2010

Plodding Along

I realized today that it has been almost a month since my last post (gasp!), and was severely depressed to realize I don't have much to report. But, in an attempt to keep everyone informed, I'm hoping there will be a few noteworthy events in the blabbering that follows.

I spent two weeks this month visiting my mom, sisters, extended family, and friends. It was wonderful to see everyone, and I really didn't want to leave. We have been doing wonderfully since we moved to Wheatland, but I've been so busy that I haven't allowed myself much time to think about how much I miss having family close by. I came home with a renewed determination (as I usually do) to move back to the Big Horn Basin as soon as we possibly can!

I was able to make a quick trip to see Miriah and her beautiful family (including my new nephew!), and I was so grateful for that opportunity. Let me take a minute here to gush... Their house is adorable, their children are angels (yes, Miriah, even Ethan... seriously, he is NOT a screamer, so don't even pretend), and their happiness with their life is apparent to everyone around them! I'm so glad I was able to be immersed in their personal world in the short time we were there!

While I was away, William worked hard on several projects. He got a LOT of rewiring done, with no trips to the ER, which is a MAJOR, unexpected plus! He also raised my countertops, which is a drastic improvement... I no longer have to fold myself in half to wash dishes or appear as though I'm praying to my vegetables as I'm chopping them! Now we can begin to pay a little more attention to cosmetic details in our kitchen, though even that will take some time. We're working really hard to be a frugal as possible with our rennovations, so we have to wait to find the killer deals. That then leads us to begin new projects while we're waiting, which leads to our little family living among construction rubble! *sigh* It'll be worth it once it's done, I suppose. I just need to do a lot of yoga and that weird chanting/humming crap, I guess.

We did manage to make some headway and clear some space today, however. There were a lot of "extras" that came with the house when we moved in (most of which were a surprise to us), and we needed to clear out extra appliances, furniture, household goods, etc. So, we had a yard sale. We made over $300! Wahoo! So, of course, I visited a few yardsales myself (yes, I attend meetings for my disorder... they don't help), and was able to score a new memory foam mattress for William & I! It's the type with the pillowtop to give some extra firmness and support. I got it WAAAYYY cheap, and we're excited to see how it works for us.

Well, that's about all. Did you find anything worthy of the publication I gave it within my ramblings? No? Well, then next time quit reading sooner and you won't deserve the boredom induced stupor you're experiencing.

3 comments:

The Kelley Korner said...

Never fear, dear, I liked your post. It is nice to hear about what you are up to, even if it isn't much more exciting than what I'm up to. :)

dcalvin said...

Reena Fae, it was so WONDERFUL to see you in person and see your wonderfully cute little man. I loved spending the evening with you and your mom and Chey. Thanks for being such a wonderful person love you to the moon and back.

Tom and Miriah said...

i am obsessed with your blog. the end.